Followers

Friday 20 November 2015

PanPastel photo step by step

Hi everyone, I've been asked to post a step by step for this project so I'll keep the words short and sweet!  I loved the layers on this but not sure it shows too well in the final photo.

Firstly I took a piece of watercolour card which was left over from another project, this had silver Dyna paint which had been applied through a stencil.


I then offset the same stencil and applied light modelling paste.  

Once this was dry I added PanPastels.





I then took a script stencil and added more modelling paste.



When dry I replaced the stencil and added the Coarse White Pearl Panpastel which added an amazing shimmer.



I then added a few bits and bobs, the butterfly I made from air dry clay and coloured it with the yellow and orange PanPastels.


A bit of matting and layering, all finished.  I deliberately left the centre area clear so that the layers could be seen.

Well done if you stayed with me to the end.




























7 comments:

  1. Hi Yvonne,

    Wow stunning babe, love the colours and how great does that script look pasted up through a stencil. Notice you use Pan Pastels a lot do you prefer these to Distress Inks? I have never tried them as they are quite expensive. Hope all is good with you?

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, loving the layers and colours xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design Yvonne, and your step by step is brilliant and really informative. Hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dimension and stunning colours. The white pearlescent pan really pops. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the shading building up to create that wonderful depth, and the texture is fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete