Saturday, 28 March 2015
Good morning and I hope you remembered to put your clocks back. Well Spring is in the air with the lighter nights and our new Challenge over on the PanPastel blog is Spring Colours.
For my card I used all Pearlescent PanPastels with die cut leaves and flowers. The bunny is die cut using Kraft card.
Happy Easter for next weekend.
Sunday, 22 March 2015
Oh my word, I have a new obsession!!! It's all down to my very talented friend Jane Barber who is very patient when passing on her knowledge. Jane Barber, Terri Cope and myself are rapidly getting drawn in to the Polymer Clay addiction. Jane and Terri spent three days last week at a Polymer Clay Retreat and boy did they learn a lot, my mistake was that I should have gone too!!! But as true friends they are very generous in sharing their knowledge.
I was lucky enough to share a day yesterday with Jane and this is what I had made at the end of the day. Although I know they have many signs of a beginners work, I'm really pleased with them, after all we don't start anything being an expert do we?
Sunday, 15 March 2015
Friday, 13 March 2015
Sunday, 8 March 2015
As this Challenge is all about stencils I thought it would be a good idea to layer up several stencils to see where it took me!!
Firstly I used an oval aperture and sponged the yellow around the outer edge, I then slipped the sun Ray stencil underneath the oval and sponged the orange through this. I then removed the sun ray and slipped the script stencil under the oval.
I stamped the corner lily stamp and coloured it with PanPastels and stamped the Thank You sentiment.
A quick and easy card.
Wednesday, 4 March 2015
I had the absolute pleasure of attending a workshop run by the very talented Karen Clare. The project was a Brusho Box from Candy Box Crafts which we decorated with Brusho paints too.
I made the green one on the day and I've made a second one over the last couple of days.
Hope you like them.
Sunday, 1 March 2015
A new Challenge over on the PanPastel Blog, perfect for me as I have a shed load of stencils!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed making this project which I started by using Grunge Paste through my stencil then leaving it to dry. Once it was dry, which doesn't take very long, I covered the whole page with the light blue then I replaced the stencil and coloured through with the red, black and green (notice the green tended to mix with the red which gave me a much more natural colour for the stems, leaves and pods.
The next process changed everything, I again replaced the stencil and sponged Versamark through it and covered it with clear embossing powder, I did this three times until I achieved a glossy surface on the flowers. Hopefully you can see this a bit clearer on the close up picture.
A pale blue Promarker was used around the edges of the flowers as hilight.
Thank you so much for popping in today.