Followers

Monday 31 March 2014

Clarity Stamp Challenge - Monochrome


Wow time is whizzing by - we've changed the clocks,  moved into springtime, a new month of April and a new Clarity Challenge,

We had so many smashing entries in the last Challenge - well done to our Winner and Top 5.

This month the theme is Monochrome.  I spent a day at the NEC about 10 days ago where I met up with good friends Jo Rice, Theresa Pace and Jane Barber.  We also spent quite a bit of time on the stand with the Clarity Team.  I also had the pleasure of meeting Margaret Craner for the first time,  Obviously there were new goodies on the Clarity stand which just had to come home with me!  I got several new Clarity Stencils and decided it would be a good idea to use one for my inspiration for the Monochrome Challenge.

For this card I used linen effect card which I covered with silver metallic Panpastel. I then masked off a large part of the Stencil with masking tape as I only wanted to use a small part of the stencil,  I used Black archival ink for the left hand side of the card and then moved the Stencil and used Diamond Sparkle Medium for the right hand side of the piece.  I then stamped the Clarity sentiment again with black Archival ink.  Layered then onto Clarity Glossy card to frame the piece before adding it to the base card.

Why not join us in the Challenge this month, you could be the lucky winner of a £50 Clarity Voucher.






As I used silver metallic Panpastel for the background of this card I'd like to enter it into the Panpastel Challenge - Metallics Inspirations.






12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Yvonne. Doing the poppies two different ways looks so effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Yvonne, I love how you have used this stencil and created such an inspirational piece of art. ..it was a great day with you at the NEC ....must so it again......have a great day....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, this is so lovely I just love the contrast between the two images
    I am glad you mentioned masking off part of the stencil ( I have and idea kicking around in my head and I think I might be able to do it now so thanks) - I got my sticky mitts on some diamond sparkle at port sunny and I am looking forward to having a play. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Yvonne, as always. It was lovely to see you at the NEC, you are looking so well, the sea air is obviously very good for you !!! Big hugs P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. Thanks for joining us in our Metallic challenge at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
    Anjie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card. Love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yvonne! Shiny card! blooming gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yvonne, stunning combination of materials used for the stenciling and so effective. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card Yvonne. can't wait to see what you come up with, with the rest of the stencils....xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING card, love all the sparkle and Pan Pastel background :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the layout and techniques on this card. The colours are so gorgeous and just love it! x Beverley x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Yvonne, thank you so much for linking up over at Pan Pastel UK.
    Tracy xoxo

    ReplyDelete