Followers

Monday 24 February 2014

Pan Pastel Challenge - make an embellishment

For my entry into this Challenge I decided to use stamps rather than a stencil to make my embellishments.  I used Maimeri Iridescent  paste mixed with Distress Inks and Pan Pastels to colour the paste.  This was then spread onto the stamps which had been well inked with Black Adirondack.  It then takes 1-2 days for the paste to dry thoroughly, the thicker it is the longer it takes to dry.

I clear embossed the stems of the flowers onto one of the large Ranger Size 12 Manilla tags and then stamped the grasses with Forest Moss Distress Ink before adding clear embossing powder.  I then swished it into Spiced Marmalade, Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed DI to which I'd added water on my craft mat.

I added a couple of stamps and some lines which I did by inking up the side of a ruler with Adirondack ink and then stamping this onto the tag.

The leaves were stamped onto card and cut out, then applied with foam pads to give some dimension to the tag.

The seam binding was coloured using Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed Distress Ink.

I would love you to leave your comment below as I must appreciate all the visits to my blog.

5 comments:

  1. Oh gorgeous Yvonne, and I love the colours....makes me think of spring...such a lush embellishment too...hope you ate having a great day...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag, it is so vibrant. The combination of spiced marmalade and mustard seed are my favourite colours. The embellishments are fantastic. Does the paste not damage the stamps, and do you actually leave the paste to dry on the stamp?... Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa, yes you let the paste dry on the stamp and then it peels off cleanly. No it doesn't damage the stamp at all. Thanks so much for visiting my blog x

      Delete
  3. Gorrrrgeous Vanessa, so bright and vibrant...love it, thanks so much for joining us over at PCB and good luck.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooops was reading the comment above..Yvonne!
      xoxox

      Delete